Summer 2016 Math Enrichment Camps for 7-11 year olds
I’m offering six exciting camps this summer, all limited to 6 children. Please email me if you have any questions or want to register! Tuition for a camp is $75, which includes take-home materials for activities and games to play as a family. All sessions take place at my home teaching studio in Lake Forest Park, and all you need to bring is a water bottle, your courage, and curiosity!
All grade levels indicate the grade your students will enter in Fall 2016.
Tricky Math Puzzles & Games
Join us for two hours each day full of fun, hands-on, collaborative mathematical problem solving and mental gymnastics! Students will be exposed to algebra, strategy games, and complex problems that require multiple steps and a variety of operations.
- 1st-3rd grades: Monday, June 20th & Tuesday, June 21st, 10:00-12:00
- 2nd-4th grades: Thursday, August 4th & Friday, August 5th, 10:00-12:00
Math, Art & More
Spend two hours each day integrating mathematical concepts and art. Students will be painting, drawing, and constructing with a variety of materials. We will also stretch our mental math muscles as we play games together in a supportive community. Students will also bring home a folder of math resources to support them in their math learning.
- 2nd-4th grades: Thursday, June 23rd & Friday, June 24th, 10:00-12:00
Problem Solving and Games
Spend two hours each day integrating mathematical concepts and art. Students will solve pressing problems of a bus stuck in the desert, renegade zombies, a loner vampire, and the undercover mystery on the train. Stories will include complex calculations. Students will be supported in all ways as needed.
- 3rd-5th grades: Thursday, July 7th & Friday, July 8th, 10:00-12:00
Secret Code Writing
Students will write and decipher secret codes all while learning about their place in history. They will experiment with a variety of complex codes as they write and solve. Tricky math codes guaranteed!
- 3rd-5th grades: Monday, August 1st & Tuesday, August 2nd, 10:00-12:00
Math Facts Boot Camp: Fun with Fractions & Decimals
Get your numerators and denominators ready with games, puzzles, and projects that promote fact fluency.
- 3rd-5th grades: Thursday, July 28th & Friday, July 29th, 10:00-12:00
Math Facts Boot Camp: Fun with Addition & Subtraction
Spend the morning improving your math fact fluency by playing games, solving puzzles and creating Math Art!
- 1st-3rd grades: Monday, August 8th & Tuesday, August 9th, 10:00-12:00
- 1st-3rd grades: Monday, August 15th & Tuesday, August 16th, 10:00-12:00
Math Facts Boot Camp: Fun with Multiplication & Division
Fun while building fact fluency through movement, games, art, and puzzles.
- 3rd-5th grades: Thursday, August 11th & Friday, August 12th, 10:00-12:00
- 3rd-5th grades: Thursday, August 18th & Friday, August 19th, 10:00-12:00
Summer Math Picnics
Math Picnics are scheduled by appointment. These small groups of 2 or 3 friends meet me on a picnic blanket with good snacks, shade, a sharp pencil, and a clipboard. We will play fun games, solve tricky puzzles, and enjoy our time of learning.
Please call to schedule these special Math Picnics. The $50 per student fee includes a 90-minute picnic and fun take-home games and puzzles.